Monday, January 28, 2008

Tea

I loved this story, Chris. Thanks for offering it up. My one question was: Why this guy? Why did Lillian latch onto this guy and not all the others who came before him? Initially this troubled me a little, but the more I think about it I wonder if this wasn't left somewhat open on purpose. Maybe Lillian was just at a point in her life where she was looking for something different from men than she had before, or perhaps he treated her differently than the others had. His wife's illness and subsequent death might have also created an opportunity for Lillian to get more attached than she had previously. All in all, I thought this beautifully captured a specific time and place. You could turn this story into a movie starring Juliet Binoche or Julianne Moore. Maybe we should write the screenplay.

No comments: